In a follow up to yesterday’s story, Adnan Ghalib has turned himself in after a warrant was issued for his arrest on three felony counts including hit and run.
Ghalib was arraigned early February 25th, where he pleaded not guilty to felony assault with a deadly weapon, felony battery and felony hit and run. His is currently out on $110,000 bail which he posted himself.
Adnan Ghalib Wanted for Hit and Run
A warrant has been issued by the L.A. County District Attorney for the arrest of ex-boyfriend and paparazzi Adnan Ghalib on three felony counts including assault with a deadly weapon, battery, and hit and run.
The charges stem from accusations by a man who says Ghalib hit him with with his car when he tried to serve Ghalib legal papers on February 11th from Britney Spears.
The unnamed man says that after being hit by the car, Ghalib drove away. Paramedics who were called to the scene treated the victim for a broken wrist.
Prosecutors are currently asking for $110,000 bail once Ghalib is brought in. Should Ghalib be convicted on all counts, he could serve up to seven years in prison.
Here are updates in the Trial of the Century as of October 20th in the nefarious case of Britney Spears driving in the state of California without a valid drivers liscence.
- Jamie Spears, father of the lil’ Toxic darling, was on the stand in her defense. His southern drawl and wordspeak, including comments such as “I have no ideer”, was so thick that the transcript reportedly had to be read back to the jury.
- Speaking of the jury, they are currently at a 10-2 deadlock decision that would find the Princess of Louisiana guilty, and were sent home for the day. Deliberation starts again this morning.
So the Trial Of The Century, that would be the case of Britney Spears driving in California without a California driver’s license, is well underway. Here are some of the “fun facts” that have come out so far.
- The jury was selected yesterday, with one juror dismissed for thinking Ms. Spears was a trainwreck because “she runs around half naked!”
- The prosecution has pondered “does anyone think this is a colossal waste of time?”
- Michael Flanagan, the lawyer for Spears, has noted that she is planning to build a house in Louisiana, possibly as a way to show that she is not a CA resident, and therefore does not need a CA license.
- Jamie Spears, Britney’s father, has been called to the stand to be a witness.
Good times, people good times.
Divorce Attorney Stacy Phillips
Britney Spears may be heading to court again in the near future, this time for not paying her divorce attorney’s fees. Attorney Stacy Phillips says that Spears owes her a total of $481,627.37 (working at $700 an hour), and went on to say that she has already discounted the total by over $125,000. Spears’ representatives are refusing to pay the bill, and sources have said that Phillips is ready to sue in order to get her money.